request a consultation
Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch with you right away.
If a motorist leaves you injured in a bicycle accident, the losses you experience can be overwhelming. The path forward toward recovery is challenging, and you may not have any idea about how to get started – much less about how to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. If these are the difficult circumstances you find yourself in, don’t wait to reach out for the professional legal guidance of an experienced The Villages bicycle accident attorney.
The Losses You Experience
The physical, financial, and emotional losses – or legal damages – you suffer as a result of a bike accident can include all the following:
- Property damage to your bike and anything you were carrying with you
- Your medical expenses, which may extend into the future
- Your lost income, which may include losses related to your career path, your overall earning potential, or both
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering, which can amplify every other category of loss you experience
Your dedicated bicycle accident attorney will capably assess your full range of losses and ensure they are accurately represented in your claim.
The Driver’s Negligence
When you’re on your bike, there is very little to protect you from the brutal impact of an accident, and negligence on the part of the motorists with whom you share the road can prove deadly. The forms of driver negligence that are most closely associated with bike accidents include:
- Distraction – A distracted driver is much less likely to notice a nearby bicyclist.
- Impairment – Drunk drivers leave our roads more dangerous for all of us, and bicyclists are especially vulnerable.
- Exhaustion – The fact that drowsy drivers suffer many of the same forms of impairment that drunk drivers do does not bode well for bicyclists.
- Excess speed – Driving over the speed limit or too fast in relation to the road and its condition makes bike accidents more likely and increases the risk that they will prove fatal.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers throw out the rules and let nature take its course, and in the process, they put everyone, including bicyclists, at increased risk.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road – The laws that dictate how we drive are designed to help keep everyone safe. Motorists who flout these laws are dangerous drivers.
Bike accidents are often the result of driver negligence. While there is no denying that you are more difficult to see when you’re on your bike, motorists are responsible for sharing the road safely with everyone on it.
Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced The Villages Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
If a driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a bike accident, the seasoned bicycle accident attorneys at Mickey Keenan P.A. in The Villages have the focus and keen legal skill to zealously advocate for your claim’s best possible resolution – in support of your most complete recovery. We are on your side and committed to fighting for your rights, so please don’t delay contacting or calling us at 813-871-1300 for more information today.