request a consultation
Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch with you right away.
Steps to Take after a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents are not only some of the most dangerous accidents but are also some of the most common. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by a commercial property owner or manager’s negligence, obtaining the compensation to which you’re entitled can play a pivotal role in your recovery, and having an experienced Tampa slip and fall accident attorney in your corner can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim.
First Things First: Seek Medical Attention
Slipping and falling can lead to serious injuries – some of which may be slow to present with readily identifiable symptoms, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries. If you’re the victim of a slip and fall accident, the most important step you can take in relation to your recovery is to seek the medical attention you need. It’s the right thing to do for your health and for your slip and fall accident claim.
Consult with a Practiced Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
The next step in the process is reaching out for the skilled legal guidance you need. Slip and fall accident claims hinge on evidence, and your trusted slip and fall accident attorney will get to work skillfully collecting and effectively compiling all the evidence relevant to your claim, including all the following:
- The accident or police report
- Any photos or videos captured at the accident scene, including any footage from nearby security cameras
- Eyewitness testimony
- Evidence that reflects the slip-and-fall risk factors
- Your doctor’s testimony regarding your injuries and prognosis
- Your medical bills
- Your own testimony regarding the physical, financial, and emotional losses you’ve experienced
- The testimony of those who know you well regarding the damages you’ve suffered
Working closely with a seasoned slip and fall accident attorney from the outset helps to ensure your ability to recover as fully as possible.
Identifying the Cause of Your Slip and Fall Accident
If a slip and fall accident leaves you injured, identifying the cause in relation to the property owner or manager’s negligence is a critical element of your claim. While every slip and fall accident involves its own specific set of circumstances, many are caused by the responsible party’s failure to safely address risk factors like the following:
- Cracked, buckled, or otherwise dangerous outdoor walkways and parking lots
- Uneven entryways
- Inadequate lighting – whether indoors or outside
- Frayed, torn, bunched, or otherwise dangerously worn flooring
- Poorly maintained escalators
- Elevators that don’t stop flush with the floor
- Overly slippery flooring, such as highly polished marble
- Floors that are strewn with debris or clutter
- Spills that go unattended
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Tampa Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, the dedicated Tampa slip and fall accident attorneys at Mickey Keenan P.A. appreciate the serious nature of your situation and are well prepared to unleash the full force of their impressive experience in pursuit of the compensation to which you’re entitled. Learn more by contacting us online or calling 813-737-7148 today.