request a consultation
Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch with you right away.
No one likes to think about the unexpected, especially the potential you might become incapacitated or pass away. However, these circumstances can happen without notice, and you want to have the proper protections in place for yourself, your family, and your estate. Creating a comprehensive estate plan is one of the most important steps you can take, and you should do so with trusted legal guidance.
Estate planning laws are complicated, and estate planning documents must meet certain requirements to be effective. Never risk having an estate plan that does not achieve your goals. Instead, turn to our experienced Lutz estate planning lawyers at Mickey Keenan P.A.
Our law firm has helped many families feel confident in the future, and we are ready to help you. Reach out today to learn more.
How We Can Help
Drafting your estate plan requires many considerations, including which documents you need, important designations, and more. Our lawyers walk you through every step of the process to ensure you have an effective airtight plan. We also help you review and amend your estate plan as time passes or if you experience important life events that warrant changes to your plan.
Some of the documents we can assist you with include:
- Last will and testament -This is the foundation of an estate plan, which allows you to name someone to serve as the personal representative (or executor) of your estate after you pass away, designate who will be the guardian of your minor children when necessary, and instruct how the personal representative should distribute your estate property.
- Codicils -These are official amendments to one or more terms of your will. If you need to make major changes, we can help you revoke your existing will and draft a new one.
- Living trust -This legal tool holds certain property in trust, and you can manage your property and serve as the trustee while you are living and able. If you become incapacitated or pass away, a successor trustee (who you choose) will manage and distribute trust property according to your instructions. An important benefit is that trust property does not pass through the probate process, and you have greater control over the distributions.
- Pour-over will -This instructs that any property unintentionally left out of your trust should be distributed to the trust upon your death.
- Buy-sell agreements -If you share ownership in a business, this is an important contract that helps protect the leadership of the business should you pass away.
Our attorneys listen to your goals and help execute an estate plan that achieves specific objectives and that is tailored to your situation.
Our law firm also represents families who have recently lost a loved one during the probate process. Probate can be time-consuming and stressful - all while you are grieving your loss. Allow us to guide you through this process and protect your interests.
Consult with a Lutz, FL Estate Planning Lawyer Today
When you want to discuss an estate plan or amend an existing plan, speak with our attorneys at Mickey Keenan P.A. Contact us for more information about our comprehensive estate planning services.